Do you have a Toyota Matrix and the maintenance required light is on? Don’t worry, you can easily reset it with this simple tutorial.
How To Reset the Maintenance Required Light on A Toyota Matrix
If you have a Toyota Matrix, you may be wondering how to reset the maintenance required light. This light is designed to come on when the car needs service, but it can be reset if the car doesn’t need service. Here’s how to do it:
- Start the car and turn on the headlights.
- Hold down the odometer button (located on the left side of the instrument panel) and turn the key to the “On” position.
- Keep holding down the button until you see the maintenance required light starts flashing.
- Release the button and turn off the headlights.
- Start the car and drive for a few miles until the maintenance-required light comes back on. At this point, it should be reset and will not come on again until it is time for service.
Why The Maintenance Required Light Comes on In A Toyota Matrix
Amy Toyota Matrix is due for its first oil change, but the maintenance required light came on before I got a chance to take it in. How do I reset it?
The maintenance required light in your Toyota Matrix comes on as a reminder to take your car in for an oil change. Once you’ve had the car serviced, you can reset the light yourself by following these steps:
- Sit in the driver’s seat and close all doors.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine.
- Press and release the gas pedal three times within five seconds.
- Turn the key to the “Off” position and remove it from the ignition.
- Start the engine and verify that the maintenance required light is no longer illuminated on the dash.
What Is Required to Be Done When The Maintenance Required Light Comes On In A Toyota Matrix
The maintenance required (or Maint Reqd) light on a Toyota Matrix comes on at 5,000 miles after the car has been reset. This is done to remind the driver to perform some basic maintenance checks on the vehicle. These checks are typically things like checking the oil level, tire pressure, and coolant level. The light will usually go off after these checks have been performed and the car has been driven for a few miles.
How To Check and Change The Oil In A Toyota Matrix
It’s important to regularly check and change the oil in your car to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that in a Toyota Matrix.
- Park your car on level ground and turn off the engine.
- Find the oil dipstick, which is usually located near the front of the engine (consult your car’s manual if you can’t find it).
- Pull out the dipstick and wipe it clean with a rag or paper towel.
- Reinsert the dipstick all the way back into its receptacle, then pull it out again to check the oil level. The oil should reach at least the “low” mark on the dipstick, but preferably the “full” mark.
- If the oil level is low, add more oil until it reaches the desired level (again, consult your car’s manual for recommendations on what type of oil to use).
- Replace the dipstick and screw on its cap, then lower your car’s hood.
How To Check Other Fluids in A Toyota Matrix
In addition to motor oil, your Toyota Matrix needs other fluids to keep it running smoothly. These fluids include:
- Brake fluid: You should check your brake fluid level monthly. If it’s low, add more brake fluid until it reaches the “full” line on the reservoir. If your brake pedal feels soft or spongy, that’s a sign that you need to bleed your brakes.
- Transmission fluid: Check your transmission fluid level every 30,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. If it’s low, add more transmission fluid until it reaches the “full” line on the dipstick.
- Windshield washer fluid: Top off your windshield washer reservoir monthly. In cold weather, you may need to do this more often to prevent the washer fluid from freezing.
- Power steering fluid: Check your power steering fluid level every 30,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. If it’s low, add more power steering fluid until it reaches the “full” line on the dipstick. The power steering pump is located on the driver’s side of the engine compartment, near the firewall.
- Coolant: Check your coolant level every 30,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. If it’s low, add more coolant until it reaches the “full” line on the overflow reservoir. The overflow reservoir is usually located next to the radiator cap on the engine compartment.
How To Check and Change The Air Filter In A Toyota Matrix
The maintenance required light in a Toyota Matrix indicates that it is time to change the air filter. The air filter protects the engine by trapping dirt and debris before they can enter the engine. A clogged air filter can restrict airflow and cause the engine to run less efficiently.
To check the air filter, remove the cover from the air filter box. Two clips or screws usually hold the cover on. Inspect the air filter and look for any dirt or debris that may be trapped in it. If the filter is excessively dirty, it should be replaced.
To change the air filter, purchase a new filter from your local Toyota dealer or auto parts store. Once you have the new filter, remove the old one and install the new one in its place. Make sure that the new filter is correctly seated in the air filter box and that the cover is securely in place.
How To Check and Change the Cabin Air Filter In A Toyota Matrix
The cabin air filter in your Toyota Matrix filters the air that is coming into the cabin of your vehicle. It helps to remove pollutants and other airborne contaminants that can be dangerous to your health. You should check and change your cabin air filter every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
To check your cabin air filter, open the glove box and look for a small door with a plastic tab. Pull on the tab to open the door and then remove the filter. Inspect the filter to see if it is dirty or clogged. If it is, replace it with a new one.
If you need to change your cabin air filter, you can buy one at most auto parts stores or online. Be sure to get one that is specifically made for your make and model of vehicle.
The maintenance required light in your Toyota Matrix comes on as a reminder to take your car in for an oil change. Once you’ve had the car serviced, you can reset the light yourself by following some steps. These steps are very easy, you can clean and replace the dipstick. If you want to change your cabin air filter, you may purchase one at most vehicle components shops or online, make sure to get one this is mainly made on your make and model of automobile. For other issues related to the Toyota matrix, you can contact us here for more information.